At your sole disposal, The Lady J is perfect for romantic getaways, family holidays or fishing trips for the lads. Combining the best of African travel; game viewing, fishing, heavenly cuisine, luxury surrounds, breathtaking vistas and sunsets at an unhurried pace with an attentive yet discreet crew to see to your every need. This 65 foot cruiser boasts the latest onboard equipment and an additional 18 foot tender boat.
ALL INCLUSIVE RATES
|Nightly per person rate (Guests 1 to 4):||R 3799|
|Nightly per person rate (Guests 5 to 10):||R 1530|
|Nightly rate per child (under 12 years). Under 5 stay free:||R765|
Please note: The first 4 pax will be charged the 1-4 pp amount. Each and every client after that to 10 will be charged the 5 -10 pp amount. For example: the first 4 guests each pay R3799 so R15196 for 4 guests for 1 night, guest 5 pays R1530 for the night so the total for 5 people is R15196 + R1530 = R16726.00 RACK
- Accommodation is EXCLUSIVE USE. We will not book others with your group no matter the size of your group.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). We recommend early muffins, cereals etc from 6am onwards & a full brunch with all the goodies at 11am. Afternoon tea with cake etc. then dinner at 8pm. Please advise which option you would like.
- Limited house wines, local beers, soft drinks and water * (Clients will be requested to complete a drinks list)
- All activities including game viewing by boat, fishing, bird-watching
- LIMITED FUEL PER DAY: 3 hours cruising time, 8 hours generator time and a caddy tank for the tender boat
- PLEASE NOTE: the above fuel allocation will be sufficient to cover the 3 night itinerary, as outlined below (i.e. a cruise as far as the Senkwe for a 3 night itinerary)
- Dedicated tender boat and guides
- All other drinks*
- National Lake Fees (payable in cash). Please pay direct to the Parks official but if they are not there give it to the staff who will pay on your behalf.
- Fishing Licenses (payable in cash).
* Clients are able to purchase additional/ specialized drinks, based on the current local rates and availability – please ask your consultant for an up to date rate sheet
Due to the fact that nothing can be guaranteed in Zimbabwe we cannot give specific meal plans as these do change on a daily basis depending what is available in the country. The following is an idea of what is normally prepared:
Muffins and cereals
Clients will then leave for early morning fishing or game viewing
Breakfast, Brunch or lunch
On return a brunch will be served consisting of bacon and eggs, chefs special for the day, savoury mince, toast etc. If the clients would prefer to have a full breakfast first thing in the morning this is no problem.
If clients have early morning breakfast and then want lunch, this is fine. Lunch would normally be something like a pasta, cold meat and salads, fish and chips, steak etc.
Afternoon tea/coffee cake or biscuits
The tender boat will then be prepared again with a cold box and clients can go fishing again and game viewing until sunset.
On return a selection of savoury snacks will be served
Dinner will normally consist of a roast, or steak (once again depending what is available at the time) roast potatoes and vegetables in season. This is followed by dessert, either; apple tart and cream, malva pudding, caramel tart or fruit salad etc… Tea/Coffee
Kindly note that as the catering goods are transferred with the clients from Vic Falls, no meal will be awaiting them upon arrival at the vessel but can be done within 1 hour of arrival. Should clients wish the meal to be ready on arrival there will be a surcharge for the food goods to be transferred in advance.
SELF CATERING RATES
|Nightly rate for the vessel (10 guests max)||R 9398|
|Please note: We require a USD300 fuel deposit per night|
- Boat & crew (captain, chef & deckhand)
- All linen, sheets, towels, pillows & pillow cases etc.
- One tender boat
- All items not mentioned I.e. toilet paper, fuel, bait, ice, etc.
- A fuel deposit is required (as stated above) unless agreed otherwise prior to charter in which case the client shall settle direct after the vessel has been refuelled.
- The fuel deposit covers 200L of fuel per night and 8 hours of generator time per night. Any usage beyond this allowance will be payable at the current local rate, to be settled direct, immediately after charter.
- It is highly recommended that clients make provision to settle any additional fuel (over and above the pre-paid deposit) prior to the actual charter. However, if a client wishes to extend his/her fuel requirements while on board, pre-payment is required to the Captain and only credit card payments will be accepted. These will be processed through Head Office in Durban. Please be advised that a 3% processing fee will be levied on these payments.
Lady J Specifications
- Minimum 4 and maximum 10 guests
- Twin Volvo Penta turbo inter-cooled main engines with a 17Kva Onan marine generator.
On Board Equipment:
- She is fitted with Garmin GPS navigational equipment as well as depth finders.
- The galley is equipped with microwave oven, deep freeze and fridge.
- There is a bottle cooler and a triple door bar fridge on the upper deck as well as an ice maker.
- The saloon has two ice makers and a bar fridge.
- Spacious upper deck with bar area, sunbathing deck and dining area
- The saloon is fully air conditioned. It has a DVD home theatre, colour TV, video and a CD player. A selection of natural history books, novels, videos, CD’s, DVD’s, board games, cards etc. are available
- 2 Double Cabins en suite (shower, toilet and hand basin) – Air Conditioned
- 1 Bunk Cabin Twin bunk beds Pullman style (2 Beds)
- 1 Bunk Cabin with 2 sets of Bunk Beds Pullman style (4 beds)
- Separate Bathroom (Shower, toilet and hand basin)
- Limited mattresses and mosquito nets for those who wish to sleep on the top deck.
- Separate crew quarters with their own ablutions
- Includes an 18 ft tender with 60hp Yamaha engine for Game Viewing, Fishing and Sunset Cruises. Can carry 8 pax. If more than 8 guests are booked on an all inclusive rate an extra tender boat is provided free of charge.
- An additional tender – 16 ft speed boat with 50 hp Yamaha – can be arranged (at an extra cost)
Unless stated otherwise, the above rates are quoted in ZAR.
Lady J is sold on a min of 4 guests and a maximum of 10 guests’ basis.
The STO rates will be offered to bona fide Tour Operators.
Travel Agents receive a 10% commission off the RACK rate.
Rates valid till Dec 2017.
All rates include only the product specified and may exclude certain taxes and/or fees, please feel free to contact us if you would like detailed information or require clarification.
All rates strictly subject to availability.
Rates subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuations and/or increases imposed by our suppliers.
At times, prices may vary depending on market conditions. We recommend that you contact us prior to confirming prices to clients or friends.
FLAME OF AFRICA TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
Children under 12 pay half price.
Children under 5 stay free of charge.
We do our best to get drinks & catering as per request but this is not always possible due to limited availability.
Likewise we can’t guarantee arrival times due to multiple border crossings, police roadblocks etc.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CARRY YOUR PARK FEES AND FISHING LICENSES IN CASH IN USD (Approx USD10 per person, per day, for each).
We suggest a min 2 night stay.
Vessel is sold on an exclusive basis.
Extra fuel can be supplied (at the current local rate) for those who wish to run the generator longer (i.e. for air-con) or to do more cruising.
Please note guests are not allowed to remove the balance of the drinks and food after the charter.
- Payments: Banking details will be displayed on the issued invoice. ZWS / USD payments: The equivalent Rand payment (at agreed rate of the day) to be made.
- Crew: The Lady J’s crew being a captain deckhand & chef. The crew have their own crew quarters with ablution block
- THE VESSEL IS CAPTAIN DRIVE ONLY.
- Your own boat may be towed behind “Lady Jacqueline” – entirely at your own risk provided a maximum of two tender boats are towed at any one time.
- Fisherman: If you are a keen fisherman, bring your own rods, tackle and bait. Kapenta, bait for tiger, can be organized for you from an outlet in Binga. Limited fishing tackle is available for hire from the crew at an approx. cost of R50 per person, per day.
- There is an H2O water purification system on the vessel and it delivers safe drinking water. If you are worried about this then please order bottled water which will be deducted from your allocation.
- Boarding time: Moored next door to Chilila Lodge, Binga. Boarding at 2pm. Disembarkation: 10 am.
- Lake usage and fishing licenses: These levies are not included in your prepaid charter fees and are additional charges for your account. The levies will be payable by you to the National Parks official that may intercept the cruiser on exiting the Harbour. If there is no park official please pay it to our crew who will then pay on your behalf.
Directions to the Lady J
From Bulawayo: head to Vic Falls at the 285km peg turn right onto Kamativi road for 148km. Then look on right for two concrete gateposts sign posted “Masumu lodge” and “Chilila lodge.” Follow the road to Masuma for approx. 2km. This is a dirt road. You will see a sign post for Lady Jacqueline to the left. This is a steep access road so please engage your lowest gear on your way down.
From Vic Falls: Head to Hwange for 155km. Look for Kamativi turnoff on the left. Follow this road for 148km.
About 10km BEFORE you reach Binga, look on the right for two concrete gate post signs – posted “Masumu lodge” and “Chilila lodge”.
Follow the road towards Masuma for approx 2km. This is a dirt road. You will see a sign post for Lady Jacqueline to the left. This is a steep access road so please engage your lowest gear on your way down.
Self-drive clients can park the vehicles at our harbour at their own risk.