LADY J SPECIFICATIONS
- Minimum 4 and maximum 10 guests
- Twin Volvo Penta turbo inter-cooled main engines with a 17Kva Onan marine generator.
On Board Equipment:
- She is fitted with Garmin GPS navigational equipment as well as depth finders.
- The galley is equipped with microwave oven, deep freeze and fridge.
- There is a bottle cooler and a triple door bar fridge on the upper deck as well as an ice maker.
- The saloon has two ice makers and a bar fridge.
- Spacious upper deck with bar area, sunbathing deck and dining area
- The saloon is fully air conditioned. It has a DVD home theatre, colour TV, video and a CD player. A selection of natural history books, novels, videos, CD’s, DVD’s, board games, cards etc. are available
- 2 Double Cabins en suite (shower, toilet and hand basin) – Air Conditioned
- 1 Bunk Cabin Twin bunk beds Pullman style (2 Beds)
- 1 Bunk Cabin with 2 sets of Bunk Beds Pullman style (4 beds)
- Separate Bathroom (Shower, toilet and hand basin)
- Limited mattresses and mosquito nets for those who wish to sleep on the top deck.
- Separate crew quarters with their own ablutions
- Includes an 18 ft tender with 60hp Yamaha engine for Game Viewing, Fishing and Sunset Cruises. Can carry 8 pax. If more than 8 guests are booked on an all inclusive rate an extra tender boat is provided free of charge.
- An additional tender – 16 ft speed boat with 50 hp Yamaha – can be arranged (at an extra cost)
Rates quoted are RACK.
Unless stated otherwise, the above rates are quoted in ZAR and are per person sharing.
Lady J is sold on a min of 4 guests and a maximum of 10 guests’ basis – which is the number that the boat was designed to take comfortably.
Rates valid till Dec 2016.
All rates include only the product specified and may exclude certain taxes and/or fees, please feel free to contact us if you would like detailed information or require clarification.
All rates strictly subject to availability.
Rates subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuations and/or increases imposed by our suppliers.
At times, prices may vary depending on market conditions. We recommend that you contact us prior to confirming prices to clients or friends.
FLAME OF AFRICA TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
Children under 12 pay half price.
Children under 5 stay free of charge.
We do our best to get drinks & catering as per request but this is not always possible due to limited availability.
Likewise we can’t guarantee arrival times due to multiple border crossings, police roadblocks etc.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CARRY YOUR PARK FEES AND FISHING LICENSES IN CASH IN USD (Approx USD10 per person, per day, for each).
We suggest a min 2 night stay.
Vessel is sold on an exclusive basis.
Extra fuel can be supplied (at the current local rate) for those who wish to run the generator longer (i.e. for air-con) or to do more cruising.
Please note guests are not allowed to remove the balance of the drinks and food after the charter.
- Payments: Banking details will be displayed on the issued invoice. ZWS / USD payments: The equivalent Rand payment (at agreed rate of the day) to be made.
- Crew: The Lady J’s crew being a captain deckhand & chef. The crew have their own crew quarters with ablution block
- THE VESSEL IS CAPTAIN DRIVE ONLY.
- Your own boat may be towed behind “Lady Jacqueline” – entirely at your own risk provided a maximum of two tender boats are towed at any one time.
- Fisherman: If you are a keen fisherman, bring your own rods, tackle and bait. Kapenta, bait for tiger, can be organized for you from an outlet in Binga. Limited fishing tackle is available for hire from the crew at an approx. cost of R50 per person, per day.
- There is an H2O water purification system on the vessel and it delivers safe drinking water. If you are worried about this then please order bottled water which will be deducted from your allocation.
- Boarding time: Moored next door to Chilila Lodge, Binga. Boarding at 2pm. Disembarkation: 10 am.
- Lake usage and fishing licenses: These levies are not included in your prepaid charter fees and are additional charges for your account. The levies will be payable by you to the National Parks official that may intercept the cruiser on exiting the Harbour. If there is no park official please pay it to our crew who will then pay on your behalf.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LADY J
From Bulawayo: head to Vic Falls at the 285km peg turn right onto Kamativi road for 148km. Then look on right for two concrete gateposts sign posted “Masumu lodge” and “Chilila lodge.” Follow the road to Masuma for approx. 2km. You will see a sign post for OBJ to the left, pass this and take the very next left at the “Chilila lodge” sign. This is a steep access road so please engage your lowest gear on your way down.
From Vic Falls: head to Hwange for 155km look for Kamativi turn off on left follow this road for 148km. Then look on the right for two concrete gate posts sign-posted “Masumu lodge” and “Chilila lodge”. Follow the road to Masuma for approx. 2km. You will see a sign post for OBJ to the left, pass this and take the very next left at the “Chilila lodge” sign. This is a steep access road so please engage your lowest gear on your way down.
Self-drive clients can park the vehicles at our harbour at their own risk.